Monday, July 18, 2011

Summertime Supper for One

We are well into summer and it is hot hot hot!  My two sons have gone up north for the week and my husband is working nights , which means I'm on my own for dinner.  I want a meal that is healthy, delicious and really quick to make. Walking by the fish monger's counter a few delicious scallops caught my eye and my taste buds filled in the rest - seared scallops, bacon, shallots and some crispy snow peas to round out the meal!  A simple but elegant meal perfect for one.

3 Large Scallops
1 tsp olive oil
1 slice pancetta (bacon),roughly chopped
1/2 shallot, minced
1/4 cup vegetable stock or white wine
1 Handful of snow peas
1 tsp butter

Place a stainless steel pan over medium high heat
Add olive oil and pancetta, and cook for 3 minutes, remove pancetta from pan
Place scallops in pan and cook for 3 minutes, turn scallop and cook on other side for 3 minutes
Add stock or wine to pan and cook an additional 2 minutes
Add snow peas and cook an additional minute
Stir in butter and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment