Sunday, October 14, 2012

Olive Me! 3 Tasty ways to use olives!


You either love olives or you hate them, there is no in between with this one.  For me its been nothing but love ever since I was a little girl.  In fact I love olives so much that every Christmas for the past 30 something years I have found a jar of pimento stuffed Unico olives, tucked in the bottom of my stocking.  This tradition is one that is strange and unique, yet makes perfect sense for a food lover like me.  While I  enjoy opening a jar of olives and digging in with my fingers, there are other uses for these briny bites! As you can well imagine anyone who has gotten olives in their stocking for the past 30 years has a few tasty olive recipes to share!




Black Olive Salsa
Combine 2 Roma tomatoes chopped, 1/2 cup chopped black olives, 1/4 cups chopped parsley, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice, 1 Tbsp Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Use to top grilled fish or chicken.




Fennel Orange Salad with Black Olives

1 head fennel, trimmed and sliced
1 large orange, cut into bite sized segments
1 cup chopped black olives
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/2 cup roasted and salted pistachios
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbs cranberry vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl or place on platter and serve!



Olive and Cream Cheese Pinwheels

1 Loaf bread (I prefer whole grain), cut lengthwise - Pullman style
1 package cream cheese, softened
About 20 Large pimento stuffed olives

Lay one slice of bread on work surface and trim crusts; use rolling pin to flatten.
Spread an even layer of cream cheese on whole surface of the bread.
Place three olives on the short end of the bread
Starting at olive end begin rolling tightly away from you.
Wrap in plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to cut.
Cut into 1/2" rounds and serve

1 comment:

  1. Welcomes to google terminal from Austin Texas! google snake
    Amazing insight you have on this, Happy wheels it's nice to find a website that details so much information about different artists... Age of war 2 This article always blew me... Earn to die For how many times I have read this.
    slither io Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while slitherio it's nice to find a website that details so much big farm

    ReplyDelete